The church building originated as the North S. Petri Lutheran Church being built in 1893. Since those were
the horse and buggy days, this church was built two miles east and one mile north of Randall to provide
a closer place of worship.
On May 11, 1951 the Immanuel Lutheran Brethren Church was organized in Jewell. A basement church was
built and dedicated on December 16, 1951. Then, on June 6, 1955, at a special meeting of the Immanuel
Lutheran Brethren Church, the North St. Petri Church offered to sell their building for $1.00 plus the cost of moving.
On January 27, 1956 Brown Brothers House Movers moved the church building from Randall to Jewell and placed
it on the existing foundation of the basement church. In the process of moving, the steeple was removed and
In the summer of 1989, the members of the Immanuel Lutheran Brethren offered to give their church building to
Living Word Community Church of Randall. At a special congregational meeting on September 10, 1989 the
members of Living Word Community Church decided to accept the offer. The first regular worship service was
held in their new church home on September 17, 1989.
On May 28, 2000, Victory Christian Fellowship held their first worship service in this building. Like years before,
it was given to this non-denominational fellowship as a donation. With grateful hearts we dedicate ourselves
once again to do the work of making disciples of Jesus Christ and establishing Christ's church in this community